A horizontal split case pump is a unique type of centrifugal pump whose casing is divided into two distinct chambers, which is different from inline or end suction pumps that are assembled with the suction nozzle, discharge nozzle, and casing in one chamber.
The casing can be split vertically or horizontally, relative to the impeller, which gives you either a vertical split case or a horizontal split case pump,respectively. Some manufacturers also offer custom configurations to optimize the pump for specific applications.
Horizontal split case centrifugal pumps are designed with the suction and discharge nozzles in the bottom half of the casing,side by side, while the impeller shaft is positioned between two bearings, one on each side.
This rugged but simple design is particularly suitable for higher flow applications as it reduces thrust loads and allows for operation over a broad range of capacities. With proper application, HSC pumps offer minimal power consumption, low maintenance costs, and extended service life.
Other design features of HSC pumps include:.
A double suction impeller that offers lower axial thrust and superior Net Positive Suction Head (NPSH).
Double volute casing to minimize radial bearing loads.
Dual pump seals to seal suction pressure.
Common applications of horizontal split case(HSC) pumps.
These pumps are typically used to carry low-viscosity liquids such as clear water and unsaturated wastewater from industrial processes at average heads.
HSC pumps can be used for higher flow rate applications that are not suitable for end suction pumps,such as fire pumps,portable water distribution, plant make-up water, pipelines, cooling water, and other industrial process flows with fairly thin fluids.
Depending on your specific application, you can option for either the single stage HSC pump with a head of up to 550 feet at 140,000 gpm, or the multi-stage HSC pump with a maximum head of 2.200 ft, max. operating pressure of 740 psi, and flow range of up to 2,000 gpm, which is suitable for heavy duty, high pressure applications.
Keep in mind that HSC pumps are not suitable for transporting thick or viscous liquids, as well as those containing solids
EPS is the type of BB1 of API, it is the axially split case pump, single stage, double suction pump that is completely designed according to API610 10th and ISO13709 standard. EPS split case pump is designed as the BB1 construction type. EPS type split case pump is mainly used for petroleum (oil), crude oil, chemical liquid transferring and loading on land or offshore.
However, EU-Flo Pump also can offer tailor-made pumps to meet the special requirement on working temperature, corrosive liquid, Lower NPSHr and efficiency, etc. in the projects. If you have special request for API610 / ISO13709 (BB1 type) split case pump, do not hesitate to contact EU-Flo, we will present to you an optimized proposal.
- Double volute design for pumps with single head over 200m, completely balance the radial force and ensure reliable service and save your maintenance costs.
- Double suction impeller to avoid the axial thrust and thrust compensation
- Optional rotation for clockwise (CW) and anti-clockwise (CCW).
- Optional shaft sealing for single mechanical seal, double mechanical seal, cartridge mechanical seal and soft packing
- Standards is foot support, optional centerline support for high temperature applications
- Side-Side nozzle arrangement
- Bearing bracket with cooling jacket or finned shape cooled by fan to ensure long bearing life and stable pump working.
- Bearing lubrication is optional for grease, ring oiled, splashed systems or flushing systems,Bearing type can be rolling element bearing and plain bearing.
- Standard wear rings for casing &Option of Replaceable wear rings for impeller.
- Full Range Pump to meet vary demand of you designed capacity and head.
- High Efficiencies and reduced energy consumption. double suction impeller with optimum hydraulics optimized by CFD analysis and the fluid experts from EU-Flo Pump
- Lower NPSHr and high efficiency at wide performance range.
- 3D design to ensure nice performance and excellent construction.
- Dynamically balanced impeller that minimizes vibration and maximizes bearing life, Balanced to ISO 1940-1 G2.5
- Many choices for material, cast iron, cast steel, all stainless steel and duplex stainless steel, bronze for your different application.
- Wide performance range allow you to have a reasonable project design
- Dry shaft design with shaft sleeve protection
- Compacted design allow you save your landing space.
- Long lifetime and easy maintenance without dismantling piping and supports
- Condensate booster
• Nuclear & conventional power Plan
• Water distribution
• Utility duties for process industries
- Water Circulation & HVAC
- General Industries of Process for hot oil and hot liquids, crude oil.
- Fire- fighting
- Metal Smelting
- Clear and lightly contaminated liquids
- Viscous liquids
- Marine & offshore
- Oil& Gas
up to 11110L/s (40000m3h), if you need special performance, EU- Pump can offer tailor-made pumps for your application
up to 200m(920ft), if you need special performance, we can offer tailor-made pumps for your application
up to 150°C
1.6Mpa / 2.5Mpa /4.0Mpa which depends on the application.
up to 1500mm or tailor design. Flange standard can be DIN, AS,ANSI, JIS and GOST or other standard