The Selection Precautions of the Sump Pump
The selection basis of the sump pump shall be considered in terms of the process flow, water supply and drainage requirements, and from the five aspects of liquid conveying capacity, plant lift, liquid property, pipeline layout and operation condition. The flow of the selection is one of the important performance data of the pump. It relates directly to the whole device.
Selection basis of the sump pump:
1. According to the medium, the type of the pump can be preliminarily determined! For example the slurry pump or water pump! Choose the suitable material according to the medium.
2. The depth and operating conditions of the pool, determining the length and structure of the liquid. For example, the bottom pump of the pool is properly added straw!
3. Determine the pipeline diameter according to the flow rate, and determine the lift according to distance and height!
4. Finally, the motor power.
The selection of the pumps should pay attention to the following aspects: the selection basis of the sump pump shall be considered in terms of the process flow, water supply and drainage requirements, and from the five aspects of liquid conveying capacity, plant lift, liquid property, pipeline layout and operation condition.
1. The flow is one of the important performance data of the sump pump, it is directly related to the production capacity and transmission capacity of the entire device. When selecting the pump, the maximum flow rate is based on the normal flow rate, and the maximum flow rate can be 1.1 times as the maximum flow rate when there is no maximum flow.
2. The required lift of the installation system is another important performance data of the pump. Generally, it should be used to select the type of the pump with a yield of 5% to 10%.
3. The piping arrangement condition of the pump system refers to the direction of the liquid delivery distance between the delivery fluid and the liquid, so as to carry out the calculation of the system head and the check of the residual amount of cavitation.
4. Properties of liquids, including the names of liquid media, physical properties, chemical properties and other properties, the physical properties have temperature c density d, viscosity u, solid particle diameter and gas content in the medium, etc., which involves the lift of the system; Chemical property mainly refers to the chemical corrosion and toxicity of liquid medium, which is an important basis for selecting the pump material and choosing the type of axial seal.
5. There are many operating conditions of the pump, such as the operation of liquid, T saturation steam power P, suction side pressure PS (absolute), discharge side pressure PZ, altitude, the ambient temperature operation is the gap or continuous, the pump position is fixed or movable.
The selection of sump pump
1. The tight-type sump pump
The tight – type pump is usually used for low – pressure straight pipe, and the sealing performance depends entirely on the fit between the plug. The compaction of its sealing surface is achieved by tightening the nut on the lower part. Generally, PN is less than 0.6 mpa.
2. Packing type sump pump
The sealing between the plug and the stopper is achieved by compacting the packing. The sealing property is good because of the packing. Normally, the pump has a packing gland. The stopper does not need to reach out of the valve body, thus reducing the leakage path of a working medium. The submerge pump for the large number of PN is less than 1 Mpa of pressure.
3. The Self-sealing sump pump
The self-sealing of the sump pump realizes the sealing between the stopper and the plug body through the pressure of the medium itself. The small head of the plug protrudes upwards, and the medium through the hole in the inlet enters the plug. The plug is pressed up, and the structure is generally used in the air medium.
4. Oil sealed liquid pump
In recent years, the application scope of the pump has been expanding, and the oil – sealing pump with forced lubrication has been developed. A layer of oil film is formed between the sealing surface of the plug and the stopper due to the forced lubrication. The sealing performance is better, with the ability to open and close, and prevent the sealing surface from being damaged.